Safeguarding Children – £29.93ph – Birmingham
We are the Master Vendor for Birmingham City Council’s children services and we are currently recruiting for 2x Senior Social Worker roles. One of these roles is within New Aston House and the other is in Sutton New Road.
In partnership with the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board, your role will be to protect the City's most vulnerable children. You will be working with agencies that work with children, their families and communities to encourage a shared sense of responsibility and to keep children safe from harm.
As a senior social worker (on an initial 3 month contract), you will earn an hourly rate of £29.93, which is the capped rate within all local authorities in the West Midlands. This role includes:
You will need:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children's health or development
- Ensuring children and young people are growing in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances
- At least 3 years of experience in a qualified social work role.
- To have worked within a Safeguarding Children’s team previously.
You need to have a relevant social work qualification. E.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, HCPC and eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this position please call Jonathan James on Apply
ext.1493 or click 'apply'. Working for HCL Social Care:
• Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work experience in your particular region of the country, as well as a dedicated compliance officer.
• Choice of a variety of social work jobs across 150 authorities throughout the UK.
• LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system.
• Referral scheme - £200 for each successfully placed candidates.Earn more than ever before
We have recently updated our refer a friend scheme: You can now earn even more for every friend you recommend (up to £500), and there is no limit to how many friends you send to us. Find out more at Apply
/recommend-a-friend HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.