Youth Offending – £27.53ph – Birmingham
We are the Master Vendor for Birmingham City Council’s children services and we are currently recruiting for 3x Qualified Social Worker role within their Youth Offending team. This will be based in their Sutton New Road location.
As a qualified social worker (on an initial 3 month contract), you will earn an hourly rate of £27.53, which is the capped rate within all local authorities in the West Midlands. This role:
Birmingham’s Youth Offending Service aims to be responsive to local needs, while also meeting national targets. It’s the largest metropolitan youth offending service in the country, serving a population of approximately 1 million people, containing more than Apply
, 10 to 17 year olds.
The Service has several tools at its disposal to help it tackle youth offending. These include:
You will need:
- Getting involved with young offenders earlier, helping to tackle problem behaviour before it becomes ha Apply Apply at the reasons that lead young people to offend, to help to develop ways to prevent offending behaviour.
- Working with young people and their families, to help parents to make sure their child doesn’t re-offend.
- Working with communities to help give young people a sense of ownership and pride in where they live, and a duty of care and concern for those who live around them.
- Working with victims of crime, and organisations representing them, to make sure that their needs are considered as carefully as those of offenders.
- At least 2 years of experience in a qualified social work role.
- To have experience with youth offending.
You need to have a relevant social work qualification. E.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, HCPC and eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this position please call Jonathan James on Apply
ext.1493 or click 'apply'. Working for HCL Social Care:
• Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work experience in your particular region of the country, as well as a dedicated compliance officer.
• Choice of a variety of social work jobs across 150 authorities throughout the UK.
• LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system.
• Referral scheme - £200 for each successfully placed candidates.Earn more than ever before
We have recently updated our refer a friend scheme: You can now earn even more for every friend you recommend (up to £500), and there is no limit to how many friends you send to us. Find out more at Apply
/recommend-a-friend HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.