Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you’ll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.
Shear Meadow is a NEW enhanced community residential home providing outcome focused care for adults with moderate/severe learning disability, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.
Shear Meadow is a four bed home, comprising of 4 one bed apartments, with spacious communal areas and an enclosed garden. All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. There are separate plots where service users can grow their own vegetables and plants.
The home is on the outskirts of the town of Hemel Hempstead and within walking distance of the village of Bourne End in Hertfordshire. There are pleasant walks along the Grand Union Canal plus Hemel Hempstead town centre offers a good selection of local shops and amenities. For local shops and pubs, Bourne End is only a few minutes’ walk away. Hemel Hempstead is easily accessible by both road and rail.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
• Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard residents
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• Have a Full UK/EU Driving License?
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Do you want a career that inspires people? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.