I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Darlington, Durham, England
Qualified Social Worker - Assessment & Safeguarding Team
£25 - £28 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker into a Children's Assessment and Safeguarding Team on a temporary basis. Successful social workers will have recent involvement and experience within Children and Families Teams. The successful candidate will be joining a well-established and supportive team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Taking initial assessments
* Take responsibility for safeguarding children in the setting.
* Liaise with local statutory children's services agencies and with the Local Safeguarding Children's Board.
* Provide support, advice and guidance to any other staff on an on-going basis and on any specified safeguarding issue as required.
* Ensuring the setting is meeting its legal and statutory requirements
* Undertaking reviews
* Updating safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
* Making sure safeguarding policies and procedures are fully implemented
* Providing support, supervision and advice for any staff member, student and volunteer with a safeguarding or child protection concern * Keeping their own training up to date *
* Having an understanding of the referral procedures and know how to contact and establish links with local authority or police
* Liaising with and making referrals to appropriate agencies about children where there are safeguarding concerns, including the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
* Liaising with OFSTED to inform them of any safeguarding actions taken
* Setting up and managing clear, accurate and secure record keeping systems
To be considered for this role you must be:
* A qualified Social Worker and have significant experience in children's social work
* Social Work Qualification
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK driving licence holder
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Madge on Applyfor further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age