I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
An ideal position if you are looking for work part time weekend, day, or evenings and would consider a job within the care sector. No previous experience is required as we provide a full training programme.
We are looking for people who are looking for the following (weekdays or weekends):
7:00am (work a minimum of 2 hours - or as long as you want)
12:00pm (work a minimum of 2 hours - or as long as you want)
3:30pm (work a minimum of 2 hours - or as long as you want)
6:00pm (work a minimum of 2 hours - or as long as you want)
£8.10 per hour
Looking after people in their own homes, you will need a caring, friendly approach and is very rewarding if would like to make a difference to people's lives - (you may be providing some personal care).
The position offers flexible hours and we can accommodate you if you are only looking to work part-time, weekends or nights.
We're looking for an individual to work around areas of Luton, but as a strategic partner to Luton Borough Council and Central Bedfordshire
Council we cover all areas in Bedfordshire and it's boundaries, and can offer as many hours as you wish to work.
It is preferred that you have your own transport, but not essential for , as we cover villages and remote areas.
* Free Training
* Free Uniform
* Paid mileage
* Paid Holiday
* Pension Scheme
* Personal Development
* Enhanced pay rates for short visits and weekends
Please email me on the email address below
Visit our web site Apply and see a full selection of our vacancies
DOMICILIARY CARE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Domiciliary Care Assistant
REPORTS TO: Domiciliary Co-ordinator/Registered Manager
SUMMARY OF POST: To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by care assistants is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the service user's own family and is not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse.
* To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet.
* To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
* To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc
* .To help care for service users who are end of life
* To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
* To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes
* To inspect, launder and mend service users' clothing.
* To set tables and trays; serve meals; feed service users who need help; prepare light meals and wash up; tidy and clear the dining room.
* To answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and greet visitors
* To read and write reports, and take part in staff and service users' meetings and in training activities as directed
* To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
* To comply with the agency's guidelines and policies at all times.
* To report to the agency manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
* To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible.
Essential Qualifications* willing to work towards NVQ2
* NVQ2 qualified
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker:
* Self motivated
* Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
* An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
* A good communicator.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974
Ref: MD DC LU ADV 10b