I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
York, North Yorkshire, England
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion? Are you interested in part-time hours in the York area of North Yorkshire, and are you a car driver?
Are you looking for a rewarding new job for the new year where you can make a positive difference to an older person’s life? If so, then this position could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and home care support to private clients. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. The most important role you have is to be a friend.
Every client is different and unique, but you could do a range of things as a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, these include:
· Taking them out shopping or attending local groups in the community.
· Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
· Planning and preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
· Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
· Prompting to take medication.
· Assisting with washing and dressing.
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full-time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then we want to hear from you.
There are also some fantastic benefits, including:
· Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
· Excellent hourly rate of £8.70 - £17.40 + mileage allowance.
· Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
· Personalised schedule that fits around your commitments.
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion?
· Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
· You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
· You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
· You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, or brushing their hair.
· You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine, once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
Woking, Surrey, England£ 9.30 - 11.00 Per hourPermanentPosted 12th January 2018
£ 9.30 - 11.00 Per hourFull time...PermanentPosted 12th January 2018Closes 12th February 2018Ref A/HCA/GUILDFORD
We all want to do our bit to give back, and working as Care Assistant & Companion means you can provide life changing assistanc...