I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker to work in a Child Protection Team for an authority in Greater Manchester. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible and will be until at least the end of March 2018.
Salary: £21.46 - £26.88 per hour
Child Protection Social Work is about helping children to feel safe and to be safe in their family of origin and in this position at any one time; you can manage a case load where you encounter a full spectrum of personalities, cultural values, beliefs, narratives and identities. At the same time as working with a range of personal differences, you work with many sectors in institutional public life, which includes the courts, the police, health, education, immigration, housing and community and voluntary organisations.
As a Child Protection Social Worker you will provide time limited intervention and intensive support to families who are in crisis or where dysfunctional relationships between young people (aged 12 to 16) and their families are leading to an immediate risk of family breakdown. Interventions will be aimed at
preventing the escalation in family breakdown and to stabilise the child or young person's situation thus enabling them to remain in the community. A variety of social work interventions will be used
including casework, direct work on an outreach basis, and if appropriate, group work or other social work services relevant to meeting the assessed needs of individuals and families.
The ideal Child Protection Social Worker will:
* Be able to respond flexibly and rapidly to requests for interventions and support packages to maintain young people with their families in the community.
* Work closely with colleagues in Children's Specialist Services to monitor and review cases to reduce the number of children and young people becoming looked after by the local authority.
* Need to ensure the implementation and co-ordination of complex assessments, the purchase of agreed packages of care and the monitoring of service contracts, in partnership with the users/carers and advocates.
* Be able to provide an effective social work service at individual client level by ensuring the use of appropriate resources from the Council, and statutory and/or independent agencies
* Be able to attend child protection conferences and review meetings and, as appropriate, attend court as the officer of the Council.
* Prepare and present complex reports and undertake all administrative duties related to the social work function
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Liverpool, Merseyside, England£ 28.01 - 28.01 Per hourContractPosted 15th January 2018
£ 28.01 - 28.01 Per hourFull timeContractPosted 15th January 2018Closes 22nd January 2018Ref JO0000001867
John Edwin is a recruitment and staffing company providing a specialist service to public and private sector organisations in the h...