I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Hexham, Northumberland, England
Are you a nurturing and positive person, who has a good rapport with children and young people? Maybe you are a Teaching Assistant, or a Support Worker looking to change specialism?
We are currently looking for compassionate individuals, with a background either working with young people or with adults with leaning difficulties, to join our vibrant 60-bedded residential SEN College in the Hexham area. These are full-time, permanent Support Worker vacancies where you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young adults & adults with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Your role will involve supporting young adults/adults aged 16 - 25 with fulfilling their academic potential, but also developing their needs, personal decisions and aspirations, and be the focus on daily living skills, vocational qualifications or independent living. Could you be the right person to join their team and contribute to the success of helping young people fill their full potential?
Vocational courses that you will be supporting the students in includes: hospitality and catering, horticulture, animal care, retail and many more along with soft skills such as communication skills, time management and self confidence.
For your commitment and loyalty, we will reward you with the below benefits:
Benefits to you:
- the opportunity to build a strong team with your colleagues and be a key player in creating excellent standards at the school
- highly competitive pay rate, which recognises & rewards experience and qualifications
- specialist and structured training programme
- day shifts and night shifts available
- Supporting young people with a learning disability to access a high quality education, tailored to their unique abilities and best learning style
- Working closely to develop the personal, social, communication and life skills of our students
- Working with other professionals on site including psychologists and speech/language therapists
- Working in a way that is conscientious, ethical and to a high-standard, meeting all policies and procedures at the school
- Experience with either young people or adults with learning difficulties
- Able to work long days
- Able to commute to Hexham reliably
- A positive attitude, open mind and nurturing personality
If you're looking for a role that will give you job satisfaction and where no two days are the same, then this may be the job for you.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Ref: SWHEXH HM
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England£ 850 - 850 Per weekPermanentPosted 5th December 2017
£ 850 - 850 Per weekFull timePermanentPosted 5th December 2017Closes 2nd January 2018Ref TSLJM1289
Foster Carers, Manchester, LancashireMake a difference to a child’s life and become a Foster Carer for our private Fostering Agency...