I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Darlington, Durham, England
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in the North East to recruit a Senior Practitioner into a Children's Assessment and Safeguarding Team on a temporary basis. The successful Social Workers will have recent involvement and experience within Children and Families Teams. The successful candidate will be joining a well-established and supportive team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* The Senior Practitioner will take responsibility for safeguarding children in the setting.
* Responsibility to liaise with local statutory children's services agencies and with the Local Safeguarding Children's Board.
* Provide support, advice and guidance to any other staff on an on-going basis and on any specified safeguarding issue as required.
* Ensuring the setting is meeting its legal and statutory requirements
* Undertaking an annual review and if needed updating safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
* Making sure safeguarding policies and procedures are fully implemented and followed by staff, students and volunteers
* Providing support, supervision and advice for any staff member, student and volunteer with a safeguarding or child protection concern
* Keeping their own training up to date
* Providing safeguarding induction for new staff, students and volunteers
* Ensuring that all staff are trained and a register is kept of staff who have completed child protection training
* Keeping all staff, students and volunteers informed of good practice and new legislation and guidance
* Having an understanding of the referral procedures and know how to contact and establish links with local authority or police
* Liaising with and making referrals to appropriate agencies about children where there are safeguarding concerns, including the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
* Liaising with OFSTED to inform them of any safeguarding actions taken
* Dealing with allegations against staff
* Co-ordinating the early identification of vulnerable children and families and the involvement of mothers, fathers and carers
* Co-ordinating the development of integrated practice for vulnerable children and families
* Co-ordinating and supporting the setting when working with a child who has a child in need or a child protection plan.
* Setting up and managing clear, accurate and secure record keeping systems
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified Social Worker and have significant experience in children's social work.
This role is subject to a Social Work Qualification, HCPC registered, eligible to work in the UK, A full UK license holder, DBS and references
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Madge on Applyfor further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England£ 28000 - 39000 Per yearPermanentPosted 9th November 2017
£ 28000 - 39000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 9th November 2017Closes 9th December 2017Ref NEWHERTS
Sugarman Social Work is an established specialist recruitment agency who provide permanent services to Independent Fostering Agenci...
Lambeth, London, Greater London, England£ 32000 - 32000 Per yearPermanentPosted 6th November 2017
£ 32000 - 32000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 6th November 2017Closes 20th November 2017Ref TM StockSS
We are looking to recruit a Team Manager within the Stockwell area on a permanent basis to work within the housing sector. This is ...