I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for a Support Worker to join our expanding team at the Middlesbrough area. This position is on a contract basis with on-going rotas until December 2017, subject to review.
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: £8.00-8.47 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week on a 7 day rota basis
Duties and responsibilities of the Support Worker:
* Working alongside service users in a person-centred way and help them to actively move towards living independently of services
* Assisting clients with practical tasks based upon their needs and aspirations as identified in their support and safety plan
* Assisting service users in planning their own menus and provide specialist support on healthy eating to enable clients to make their own choices
* Teaching or supporting service users in preparing and cooking meals
* Supporting clients with other life skills such as welfare benefits, employment, education, training, volunteering or apprenticeships
* Handling and administering medication in line with the employer's policies and procedures
* Supporting clients with personal care such as bathing, toileting and feeding
* Establishing regular payments of rent and service charge
* Managing any cases of low level anti-social behaviour
* Ensuring clients are clear about their rights and obligations whilst receiving a service, including fire precautions, health and safety and housing management policies
The ideal Support Worker will:
* Have a full driving licence and access to a car
* Be flexible to work within other office/service locations in the future within an agreed area of your initial office location
* Have previous experience of providing support to vulnerable people
* Have knowledge of housing issues affecting vulnerable people
* Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
* Have the ability to motivate, encourage and support service users in developing daily skills
* Have the ability to demonstrate empathy whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries
* Have the ability to cope with challenging behaviours
Benefits - the Support Worker will benefit from:
* Self satisfaction of having helped a vulnerable person
* Be part of a team that encourages and supports success
* Competitive rates of pay
* A dedicated recruitment team.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Anca on Apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age