I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Canterbury, Kent, England
Location: Canterbury Area, Kent
Salary Circa: £26,000 - £30,000
On behalf of a leading care organisation I am looking for an experienced and confident Deputy Manager to join a lovely medium sized care home situated on the outskirts of Canterbury in Kent. This particular care home specialises in Dementia and Elderly care. I am looking for a Deputy Manager with a wealth of knowledge and experience to assist the Home Manager with the day to day duties within the care home.
As the Deputy Manager you will lead shifts and support the care staff to ensure the highest level of care is provided to all of the residents. I am looking for an Deputy Manager with a wealth of knowledge and previous experience working within a similar care setting. You should have a minimum NVQ level 3/4/5 in Health & Social care and previous experience with Elderly and Dementia setting.
As the Deputy Manager you will support the Home Manager with the running of the home including staff management, training, inductions & recruitment. You will be involved with care plans, audits, medication and risk assessments.
I am looking for a professional and confident Deputy Manager who can take charge, lead and motivate. You will be a role model and key member of the management team.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Deputy Manager
• Contribute to the overall successful running of the home
• Overall responsibility of the home in the absence of the Home manager
• Staff management- recruitment/ maintaining the team/ appraisals/ training
• Care plans/ reviews/ meetings
• Ability to create rapport & develop strong relationships with residents
• Undertake assessments of other staff, and review care packages
• A positive role model for staff and service users
Skills/ Qualifications Required for the Deputy Manager required:
• Proven track record of successful Leadership/Management
• Great organisational & practical skills
• Good knowledge of medication
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound knowledge of CQC and Care Standards
• Hard worker, Enthusiastic & Friendly
• Computer literate
• Ability to competently lead, motivate and develop staff
For more information on how to apply for this fantastic Deputy Manager opportunity please contact Therese on Applyor email a copy of your up to date CV for immediate attention to Apply
This position will be suitable for: Deputy Manager, Assistant Care Manager, Care Manager, Unit Manager, Manager, Care Home Manager, Home Manager