Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
My client is currently recruiting for full time (40 hours per week) day and night Support Workers to work with individuals suffering from mental health, challenging behaviour and dementia.
Located in Berkshire, the hospital is an exceptional place to work, set in lush parkland just outside Maidenhead, this elegant building is home to 42 adults. Please note due to its rural location it is suggested that applicants will need their own transport as public transport is infrequent.
They will provide training for new staff, the hourly rate is from £8.00 to £9.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Main duties of the role:-
* Ensure that service user rights are protected.
* Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
* Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
* Observing service users ensuring a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
* Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
* Systematically solve day-to-day basic problematic issues which arise.
* Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
* Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
* If applicable, assist in the administration of medication.
* Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the service.
* Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
They are looking for:-
* Someone who has a real passion for caring and helping people
* At least 6 months experience of working in a care environment
* Ideally an NVQ Level 2 and/or 3 - although full training will be provided
* Flexible in their approach to work
* Ability to work on shift/rota pattern
* Good written and verbal communication
We can offer you:-
* Excellent rates of pay
* Paid overtime
* Structured career progression in a modern growing company
* Full introductory training and shadowing of shifts for all new starters
* Free staff training
- £ 8.00 - 9.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 9 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant