Team Leader - Children's Home
Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
Team Leader – Children’s Home
£19-22K + Sleeps
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our brand-new children’s home in Wigan. The home supports young people aged 11-17 with EBD, and has a maximum occupancy of 5. As Team Leader, you will support the Deputy and Manager in the smooth running of the home by running a shift, including hands on activity with young people and overseeing the staff team. The role is with a fantastic child care provider, who will give you responsibility for specific tasks and objectives to support you in your career development. You will be providing an emotionally secure, consistent, warm, supportive, and caring environment for young people to enable them to reach their potential. You should have a sound understanding of the Children’s Act and Ofsted framework, and be flexible to work weekends and nights.
• General leadership for staff and young people.
• Training new staff.
• Identifying and assessing needs of young people.
• Working as key worker.
• Writing, monitoring, and implementing placement plan.
• Maintaining high standards of care provision.
• Ensure compliance with policy and procedures.
• On-call and weekend working.
• NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care Children and Young People
• Previous experience as Team Leader
• Experience with EBD
• Full UK driving licence
- £ 19000 - 22000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 12 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Social worker, Support worker