Homeless Project Worker
Cardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
Sugarman Health & Wellbeing are currently looking for experienced Homeless Prroject Workers to provide residential support with the aim of meeting individual's needs, which promote independence and lead to a sustainable move-on.
The main aim's for these projects are:
Locations of Work (Dependent on catchment area)
- Basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System and DWP Benefits.
- Basic knowledge of how complex needs, such as substance misuse and mental health, can affect individuals and their vulnerability.
- Basic knowledge of how your personal life can affect your own performance and attendance.
- An understanding of the need for professional boundaries.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of housing related support or homelessness (this can be from a personal perspective).
- Experience of delivering support is desirable.
- Experience of engaging with diverse people in a non-judgemental way.
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations.
We are very flexible on working hours and can work around any future commitments you may have. We offer round the clock work on your choice of earlies, lates, days or nights.
Our pay rates vary between £7.75 - £9.40 per hour depending on the type of work and experience.
Bank/Public Holidays are paid at double time.
Why you should apply?
- Free first class training and refresher training
- Weekly pay
- Pension Scheme
- 5.6 weeks Paid Holiday
- Flexible working hours to suit you and your individual needs
- An office team who pride themselves in being supportive to each individual needs
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £ 7.75 - 9.40 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 10 Oct 2017
Closes 7 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant