Care Support Worker for Children's Residential Home
Hinckley, Leicestershire, England
We are looking for Support workers for Children's home in Leicester and surrounding areas.
You must be able to provide compliance documents including Current Enhanced DBS. Or you must be willing to go through compliance checks if you do not have them. You must be able to provide two references.
You must have a Level II or III NVQ or equivalent in Residential Childcare.
• the ability to relate to children from a wide variety of backgrounds
• skills in communicating with tact and sensitivity
• the ability to remain calm under pressure
• depending on the role, you may need to cope with challenging behaviour.
• be sensitive to the individual needs of children, young people and their families/
To consistently enhance and promote a safe environment and safe working practices.
To support the young people on social and educational activities and to support them in developing their learning and educational aspirations on daily basis.
To ensure meals are prepared in line with the menus, encouraging and promoting healthy nutritional well balanced diets in accordance with Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations.
Accepting a personal responsibility for professional learning and development, including attending training courses as required.
Unqualified Care Workers will be required to complete NVQ III training within an agreed timescale.
Qualified Care Workers will be required to complete post-qualifying training within an agreed timescale.
Please send your CVs through this website. For queries contact Apply
- Full time, Part time
- Permanent, Contract, Temporary, Bank
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified
Posted 9 Oct 2017
Closes 9 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant, Carer, Support worker