Support Worker (SW) - Halifax - £7.50ph +
Halifax, West Yorkshire, England
Search are working with a local care provider to find enthusiastic and skilled Support Workers to pick up ad hoc night, day, sleep in or waking night shifts for services that care for individuals with complex needs in the Halifax area
Duties will include:
- To develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users.
- To promote the self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of service users.
- To respect the client's right to privacy and to ensure that their dignity is maintained at all times.
- To encourage and support service users in expressing their needs, views and concerns. To enable service users make choices and decisions and to participate as fully as possible in planning and decision-making processes.
- To respect and promote the rights and entitlements of people with autism and learning disabilities, and to enable them to participate as fully as possible in their communities.
- To support service users in maintaining the safety, security and comfort of their homes.
- To support service users in understanding and adhering to the terms and conditions of their tenancy agreement and in enjoying the rights and responsibilities of being a tenant.
- To be responsive to the individual needs of service users within the framework of their Person Centred Plans and to respond flexibly to changing needs.
The successful candidate must have experience working with people with complex needs, driver preferred, manual handling and medication training is essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- £ 7.50 - 10.00 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 4 Oct 2017
Closes 1 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Support worker