Senior Care Assistant - Bank
Halesworth, Suffolk, England
Senior Care Assistant - Bupa Care Homes
Bank - Nights
£7.65 - £10.40 per hour
Rate of pay is dependent on experience, qualifications and capabilities.
Highfield Residential Home
About the role
* Leading a team of carers, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of care
* You will promote independence, choice, dignity and respect through the hands on care you deliver to our residents
* You will get to know our residents and their families - helping to ensure we deliver truly personalised care plans
* Assisting the Registered Nurse and Care Manager, you will be involved in providing essential physical and mental stimulation through a range of social and recreational activities, as well as administering medication
* One of your key responsibilities is to maintain accurate records of the job you do and build strong relationships with the rest of your team.
Who we're looking for
With an NVQ Level 3 in Care, or equivalent, you believe in the importance of people's wellbeing and you are capable of providing support to those around you.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive pay rate and benefits that include:
* Bupa Fit which is a staff health benefit
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
About the Home
This Georgian house has been expertly converted and extended into a warm, friendly home specialising in care for the elderly. Set in the beautiful Suffolk countryside with easy access to the coast, Highfield provides residents with every modern convenience, while retaining the charm of its original character.
We create a Map of Life for each of our residents, detailing their experiences, interests and needs. With this we can tailor their care and provide them with the best level of support, while allowing them to retain as much of their independence as possible. Our person-centred approach emphasises dignity and respect through activities and social interaction.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Choose a career in care.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 7.65 - 10.4 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 4 Oct 2017
Closes 4 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant