Care Assistant - Bank
Norwich, Norfolk, England
Care Assistant Bank - Bupa Care Homes
We are looking for Care Assistants to work on the bank. This is a zero hour contract to cover shifts on an ad-hoc basis. If you would like to register your interest in this role, please click 'apply now'.
£Competitive + excellent benefits
Oakwood House Nursing Home
If you're passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant to join the team at our care home in Norwich. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Is yours?
What you'll be doing
* As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our residents
* Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
* Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
* Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
* Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you'll need
* Ideally, some experience in a care environment and an NVQ1 in Care, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
* A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
* A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
What we'll offer you in return
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
For more information, please visit Apply
About the home
Oakwood House is situated next to a historic Norman church in the peaceful village of Colney, only three miles from Norwich city centre.
Oakwood House offers care to 49 residents. The care ranges from nursing and nursing dementia care to palliative care, convalescence, post-operative care and respite.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Choose a career in care.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 7.55 - 7.55 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 4 Oct 2017
Closes 4 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant