Support / Key Worker for young people 16-18
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Preferred Living are looking for support/key workers for a new service provision in Luton, who have the appropriate experience with working with young people aged 16-18.
To list some of the responsibilities which will be required of you, please see below:
• To recognise the potential development opportunities of each young person
• To be able to provide a comprehensive evolution programme for each young person to contribute to society in a positive manner
• To be able to source and encourage individuals to develop their potential and achieve positive outcomes
• To be able to promote a safe environment for all of our young people
• Have the ability to manage difficult situations and challenging behaviours
• Capable of conducting weekly 1:1 key work sessions with the young person
• Understand what constitutes as safeguarding and adhere to safeguarding practices implemented to safeguard young people from harm and abuse
You will hold a QCF/NVQ level 3 working in health and social care (children and young people), or are willing to work towards this.
You will have a minimum of 1 year's experience working with this client group, and will be expected to attend and complete any mandatory and specialist training in line with the organisations policy and procedures.
Ideally hold a clean driving license.
Preferred Living are looking for staff who have the appropriate experience with working with young people, who are compassionate, and have a can do attitude.
• Report writing
• Record keeping
• Key working
• Managing challenging behaviours
• Building positive professional relationships
• We are an organisation who values the input of their staff members, and most importantly also shares your passion in developing and watching young people prosper and transition into adulthood.
• Potential career progression.
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
This is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
For an application pack please send your CV.
- £ 8.50 - 9 Per hour
- Full time
- Contract, Bank, Permanent
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 3 Oct 2017
Closes 3 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Support worker