Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Unit Manager - For a BRAND NEW Bupa Care Home
From £19,198.40 based on a 40 hr contract
Wyke Beck Court Care Home- Leeds
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and committed Unit Manager to join the team in our brand new care home in Leeds. Conveniently located on the corner of York Road and Harehills Lane.
Wyke Beck Court has been designed to provide the highest standards in residential care and includes modern dining rooms and spacious lounges which provide perfect places for our residents to meet and socialise. The 84 bedrooms within the home are fully furnished to a very high standard and other special features include a beauty salon and a dedicated multipurpose activities room.
About the role
* Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards
* You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents, whilst at the same time building excellent personal relationships with both them and their families
* Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
* It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
Who we're looking for
* You will be committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home
* You'll have dedication and passion for helping make every day special for our residents
* An ability to build warm and trusting relationships with our residents and their families
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
* Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in nearly 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do. We're really passionate about recruiting our people efficiently.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 19198.4 - 19198.4 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 29 Sep 2017
Closes 30 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager