Stockport, Greater Manchester, England
Our client is a national charity dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to children and younger adults with complex learning disabilities.
We are in search for experienced Support Workers to join our agency to help support this fantastic organisation. NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care is preferred but not essential.
What you can expect from Ranacare Temps:
• Genuine pay of £10.00 per hour for all shifts across the week
• Mandatory training (with optional extras if you wish to be trained in specialist areas)
• We work around your schedule, work as many hours as you like – No pressure
• Get paid weekly, guaranteed payments (Limited Company HCA’s are welcome to join)
• We keep your shifts local – No more travelling, non-car drivers welcome!
• Loyalty scheme, including Travel Rewards and free membership to Social Events
• Dedicated Booking Team operating 24/7
• If you are ready to switch back to permanent employment, our perm division can help
• We take good care of our Agency Staff by offering a trustworthy, friendly and honest service keeping your best interests at heart.
About the Role:
You will be supporting children and young adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities who may also have additional health needs, experience sensory loss or have physical disabilities. As part of your role you will help in intimate personal care, so they are looking for people who are able to demonstrate dignity and respect for the individuals they are supporting, whilst promoting independence.
You will need to work flexibly and participate in shift work, including weekends and bank holidays.
The people you will be supporting enjoy taking part in a variety of activities and you will be supporting them to access these as well as looking for other opportunities people may like to try, so you will preferably be able to drive.
They always base our support on the specific needs, choices and aspirations of the individual following our principles of person-centred support.
For this role you need to be patient, have good sense of humour and a compassion to work with children and younger adults. You must be honest and reliable and flexible with your approach.
You will need to have excellent communication and be able to use a range of skills to support people, and enable them to actively participate in choices about their life.
- £ 10 - 10 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Bank, Contract, Temporary
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 27 Sep 2017
Closes 27 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant, Carer, Support worker