Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, England
Financial Administrator - For a BRAND NEW Bupa Care Home
From £17,742.40 based on a 40 hour contract plus excellent benefits
Sandhills Court Care Home, Scunthorpe
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and committed Financial Administrator to join the team in our brand new care home in Scunthorpe. Conveniently located on the corner of Exeter Road and Doncaster Road.
Sandhills Court Care Home has been designed to provide the highest standards in residential care and includes modern dining rooms and spacious lounges which provide perfect places for our residents to meet and socialise. The 77 bedrooms and flats are fully furnished to a very high standard and the home includes a beauty salon and multipurpose activities room.
About the role
* The role will involve processing income and expenditure. This will include banking, purchase order invoicing, petty cash management, payroll and basic credit control
* Responsibility for safeguarding monies on behalf of residents and funds raised by the home
* Providing clerical support to the Home Manager, key duties will include letter writing, memos and local management reporting
* Responsibility for personnel file management and maintaining a well ordered filing system and stationary replenishment
Who we're looking for
* You will have a sound understanding and experience of good financial administration.
* Strong numeracy skills and PC literacy is essential.
* You will have responsibility for all aspects of finance from accountancy and debt collection to petty cash, payroll and invoicing.
* You will be comfortable using your initiative and prioritising your own workload to meet deadlines.
* With both excellent customer service and communication skills, you will know how to build strong relationships with our residents, their families, your colleagues and also head office.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a a package that includes:
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
* Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and life assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in nearly 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do. We're really passionate about recruiting our people efficiently.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Apply online now or alternatively send your CV via email to Apply .
- £ 17742.4 - 17742.4 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
Posted 27 Sep 2017
Closes 28 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager