Childrens Residential Support Worker - Ormskirk- £23400
Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Children's Residential Support Worker - Ormskirk - £23400
The Major Healthcare is looking to recruit experienced support workers for a company who looks to provide excellent support for young people.
The role of Children's Residential Support Worker is to support the Residential Home Manager with the day-to-day care of children and young people.
Support Workers will also contribute to creating a safe and nurturing environment in which children and their families can be offered support and guidance.
To apply or to discuss in more detail please apply or call Martin from Major Healthcare on 0 - Apply - 0010 Please see more job details below.
A Support Worker is responsible for:
* Providing for the personal needs of young people and children
* Liaising with family members and external agencies
* Ensuring policies and procedures of the home are adhered to
* Participating in activities and working with the Manager to ensure smooth running of the home
* Being Friendly and supportive
* Being flexible and able to cope with stressful situations
* Commitment to providing care and support to children
* Work well as part of a team
* Sensitivity to people of different backgrounds and be able to communicate well
It is desirable that you have/are
* NVQ 3 in health and social care or Children and Young People (equivalents)
* A Driver
* Clear DBS (no unspent convictions)
* [Essential] A minimum of 6 months recent experience working as a support worker in a young persons (19 years old or younger) residential or supported living setting
What you will receive:
Highly competitive pay-rate £8.50 per hour plus of £44.00 per sleep-in (this will add approximately £5720 to the basic annual). Total Pay based on the standard rota £23,400
In addition, you need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for the young people, enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges, assertive in difficult situations and have great interpersonal skills.
To apply or to discuss in more detail please apply or call Martin from Major Healthcare on 0 - Apply - 0010
- £ 23400 - 23400 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified
Posted 26 Sep 2017
Closes 26 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Support worker