Locum Domiciliary Care Assistant
Bracknell, Berkshire, England
Domiciliary Care Assistant
£9.50 per hour
Peritus Healthcare currently have exciting opportunities for Healthcare Assistants in Bracknell
We are seeking dedicated Care Assistants and offer flexible shifts that can work around your permanent role.
No experience is necessary as you will be fully trained. Applicants should have a genuine interest in those they care for and above naturally kind and warm-hearted.
• To visit Service Users in their own homes and provide appropriate care and support as defined in the Care Plan.
• This will include aspects of personal care, hygiene, exercise, activity and treatment programmes prescribed by therapists
• Ensure adequate knowledge and comply with all risk assessment e.g. fire, manual handling, medication, challenging behaviour and all emergency procedures.
• To support the users to experience life opportunities which promote the growth of individuals to their maximum potential
• Promote and take part in social, leisure, life skills, holidays and other activities with service users
• Take on key worker responsibilities as required
• Support individuals with the implementation of their day to day routine and activities
• To identify and follow policies and procedures including the Codes of Practice for social care
• At least 2 years work experience in a care background.
• Care Certificate completed.
• DBS cleared to work with adults – optionally children too.
• NVQ / QCF Level 2 qualified or higher.
• Trained in basic first aid.
• Trained in safeguarding, health and safety, basic food hygiene, personal care and manual handling.
• Good customer service as demonstrated through good references from previous work.
Required Personal Characteristics
• Passion for care and looking after the elderly and disabled.
• Demonstrable interest in continued professional development.
• Works to ensure all clients and colleagues are respected, given choice, equal opportunities and encourage active participation.
• Enjoys working as part of a team and overcoming the “lone worker” nature of the care assignments.
- £ 9.50 - 9.50 Per hour
- Full time
- Contract, Bank
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified
Posted 25 Sep 2017
Closes 25 Oct 2017
Ref: dom care brack
This job was posted to: Care assistant, Live in care