Deputy Manager – Guildford - £39-42K
Guildford, Surrey, England
Job Title: Deputy Manager – Guildford - £39-42K
Service: Large Elderly/Dementia Care Home with Nursing
Company: Amber Mace
Contact: Katie Harrison
Amber Mace are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to take the helm at an elderly nursing home situated in Guildford. The nursing home provides exceptional, round-the-clock residential and nursing care for the elderly, some of whom are living with dementia. The home provides “uniqueness” ensuring all residents needs and desires are met, guaranteeing comfort and dignity are maintained at all times.
The home is part of a larger, well-established company that has proved itself as one of the leading care providers in the UK. This is an unmissable opportunity to join the ranks at a truly first-rate care home as a Deputy Manager.
As Deputy Manager, you will come from a similar care background and have a proven track record in providing high-quality, person-centred care. You will have a strong understanding of CQC standards and be a confident, knowledgeable and authoritative presence in the home. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the home in the manager’s absence.
• Providing a high standard of care to elderly people
• Carry responsibility for the staff team as a senior member of staff, as well as working to help develop their skills
• Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
• Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
• Accepting personal and shared responsibility for the maintenance of quality nursing care within the home
• Hold a current Nurse pin
• Have experience with elderly/dementia care
• Have experience at a supervisory level in a similar care environment
• Strong clinical background
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Have a clear and thorough knowledge of the CQC standards.
In return, my client will offer a salary of £39-£42K and an excellent benefits package.
- £ 39000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 13 Sep 2017
Closes 13 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager