Healthcare Assistant Band 2 (HCA)-Redhill
Redhill, Surrey, England
Job Role: Healthcare Assistant
About the job role
Are you looking for more flexible working hours?
Athona Recruitment is excited to currently be working with one of the UK's leading NHS Trusts and currently require ad-hoc healthcare assistants to work in the Redhill area. Full time, part time and locum shifts are available.
About the Trust
Based in Redhill, the hospital, offers a wide range of medical services including 24-hour Accident and Emergency, Intensive Care and High Dependency uits, gynaecology, obstetrics, midwifery and maternity services, paediatrics and diagnostic imaging, as well as the usual general surgery services. As the nearest accident and emergency to London's Gatwick Airport, it is placed on standby when a serious aircraft incident is expected as well as providing services to residents of east Surrey, north-east West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill.
About the role
You will join a busy and dynamic environment whilst providing the very best levels of clinical care. You'll make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest standards, optimising the well-being of every patient. You see every person in your care as an individual, and work closely with the wider team to create an environment that delivers skilled care, clear communication, and respect and dignity for everyone.
Duties will include:
Washing and dressing
Helping people to mobilise
Generally assisting with patients' overall comfort
Monitoring patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
What can the job offer you?
- Excellent hourly rates of pay.
- Exclusive access to jobs across all bands and specialities.
- Shifts, Fixed Term or Permanent contracts throughout the UK.
- Prompt weekly payments.
- Specialist dedicated Recruitment Consultant.
- Refer a friend and earn £100!
- Occupational Health and Mandatory Training support.
In addition, we offer a flexible shift pattern that, wherever possible while meeting the needs of the ward, will suit your needs to enhance your work-home life balance. Our shifts are planned in advance and can include 12 hour shifts if required.
The qualities we are looking for in applicants are:
- Relevant UK experience working in a similar position, preferably working in hospitals.
- Knowledge in the following; Health and Safety, Basic Life Support and Manual Handling, certification dated within the last year - desirable but not essential
- A DBS registered on the update service
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be capable of rising to the challenge of working in new ways and willing to practice autonomously within a busy hands-on environment. You will be supported by, and work with, a diverse multi-skilled experienced professional team of clinical and non-clinical friendly staff.
If you're keen to build your career and to gain immense reward from doing what you love we want to hear from you!
- £ 10 - 19.00 Per hour
- Part time
- Bank, Contract, Temporary
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 13 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Care assistant