Tadley, Hampshire, England
Experienced Support Workers needed!
A fantastic National Charity is looking to appoint a number of experienced support workers at their Supported Living and Residential sites in Hampshire and Wiltshire.
As a company, they provide quality residential care and support services to enable adults with profound learning disabilities to achieve valued and fulfilling lives. The ideal candidate will have experience in the care sector and the drive to want to help people lead fulfilling and enjoyable lives by assisting with their personal support needs.
As they provide 24/7 support so they are wanting people who can be flexible.
* Support people with profound learning disabilities to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes.
* Support people with personal care if required, which may include toileting and bathing, in line with their support plan.
* Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual's choice.
* Support people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor's appointments.
* Keep accurate and up to date records.
* Work positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
* Participate in learning and development opportunities as required.
* Enabling individuals' mobility, including moving and handling transfers, pushing wheelchairs, assisting individuals to use walking aids, working with professionals such as physiotherapists and occupational therapists, checking equipment e.g. wheelchair seat cushions, supporting service users on public transport, driving shared transport vehicles and individuals' own vehicles.
Applicants looking to apply should:
* Be self-motivated and resilient
* Have a passion for care
* Have excellent communication skills, patience and creativity.
* You will also have exceptional relationship building skills and work well as part of a team.
* A clean driving license is required as the work includes encourages services users to undertake activities in the community
* Experience in working with people with complex needs
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!
- £ 16398 - 16950 Per year
- Full time, Part time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 12 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Carer