Amelia House- Dementia Unit Manager
York, North Yorkshire, England
Home: Amelia House
FOUR SEASONS HEALTH CARE GROUP
Job Title: Dementia Unit Manager
Accountable to: Care Home Manager
Responsible for: Supervising a team of nursing and care staff
To manage the unit and lead your team to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of care, in accordance with Four Seasons Health Care policies and procedures; promoting rehabilitation, independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
1. Ensure the highest possible standards of person centred care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
2. Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
3. Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders. Set expectations within your team to ensure their communication is professional and considered.
4. Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations, safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
5. Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
6. Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
7. Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees. E.g. timely assessment on admission, person centred care planning and ongoing review.
8. Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
9. Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team; reflecting on lessons learned and actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
10. To assist with all people management duties, including but not exclusively; recruitment, training and career development, performance management and effective delegation of duties.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
- £ 16.00 - 16.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Manager, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 12 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager