Handsworth, Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Ranacare are recruiting HCA’s for a specialist assignment based in Birmingham and can guarantee on-going hours at agency rates for a block periods of 6 months with the flexibility to choose your own hours and weekend cover.
We are delighted to be working in partnership with some of the best care home organisations in Birmingham that care very much about quality assurance.
What you can expect from Ranacare Temps:
• Genuine pay rates of between £9.00-£13.00 p/hr
• Mandatory training with optional extras if you wish to be trained in specialist areas
• We work around your schedule, work as many hours as you like – No pressure
• Get paid weekly, guaranteed payments (Limited Company HCA’s are welcome to join)
• We keep your shifts local – No more travelling, non-car drivers welcome!
• Loyalty scheme, including Travel Rewards and free membership to Social Events
• Dedicated Booking Team operating 24/7
• Variety of settings - If you prefer a regular change of scenery, we can help
• Excellent quality branded Ranacare Temps Uniform
• Specialist assignments for those HCA’s who are craving a new challenge
• If you are ready to switch back to permanent employment, our perm division can help
• We support local charities and you have a chance to get involved, if you wish
• We take good care of our Agency Staff by offering a trustworthy, friendly and honest service keeping your best interests at heart.
As a Health Care Assistant (HCA) you will show warmth and support to the service users in your care; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing their lives for the better.
Key duties and responsibilities of this role include;
Reviewing and updating the individualised care plans;
Assisting residents with activities indicated as part of their care plan;
Provide assistance with personal hygiene including washing, bathing;
Assisting with meals ensuring a pleasant dining experience;
Providing residents with both physical and emotional support;
Effectively communicate and/or document any information regarding the residents;
Inform the appropriate staff member of any resident changes of condition and resident family concerns;
Speak with family members in a positive and polite manner: encourage family members to join in with daily activities of the resident;
Ensure infection control procedures are followed
If required, complete all medication administration training within the required time frame
Candidate requirements for this vacancy:
Minimum of 6 months experience working within healthcare sector
Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
Able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
Ability to react calmly in emergency situations
Calm and comfortable with caring for residents with Dementia or Challenging Behaviour
Ability to follow through on assigned tasks, demonstrate good judgment, common sense and initiative
Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
Ranacare is a well-established and trusted healthcare recruitment company offering temporary and permanent staffing solutions to the private and public healthcare sectors.
Ranacare started as a family-run business in 2014 and we are proud of the family values that are ingrained as part of our company culture and identity. We have an expert team that provides a professional and efficient service yet combining this with a caring nature; loyalty; humility; and deep commitment to our candidates and clients.
Ranacare understands the demands of your chosen profession. We know that you work hard at a job that few can do, and you should be compensated for the commitment and dedication. This is why at Ranacare we pay attention to the candidate experience, which quite often gets left to the way-side by many other agencies out there. With us, you can count on us to keep your best interests at heart.
We have PSL approval with over 100+ multi-site care organisations and our rapid growth is greatly owed to ‘word of mouth’ and regular referrals. This is something we are very proud of.
Contact our friendly team today on Applyand join our family!
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD IN BIRMINGHAM
- £ 9 - 13 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Bank, Temporary, Contract
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 11 Sep 2017
Closes 11 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant, Carer