SENIOR HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT
West Bromwich, West Midlands, England
Ranacare are recruiting Senior Care Assistants (NVQ 3 qualified) for a specialist assignment based in Birmingham. You will have the option to work on-going hours at agency rates for a block periods of 6 months or more, with the added flexibility to choose your own hours and weekend cover.
We are delighted to be working in partnership with some of the best care home organisations in Birmingham that care very much about quality assurance.
What you can expect from Ranacare Temps:
• Genuine pay rates of between £12.00-£15.00 p/hr
• Mandatory training with optional extras if you wish to be trained in specialist areas
• We work around your schedule, work as many hours as you like – No pressure
• Get paid weekly, guaranteed payments (Limited Company HCA’s are welcome to join)
• We keep your shifts local – No more travelling, non-car drivers welcome!
• Loyalty scheme, including Travel Rewards and free membership to Social Events
• Dedicated Booking Team operating 24/7
• Variety of settings - If you prefer a regular change of scenery, we can help
• Excellent quality branded Ranacare Temps Uniform
• Specialist assignments for those HCA’s who are craving a new challenge
• If you are ready to switch back to permanent employment, our perm division can help
• We support local charities and you have a chance to get involved, if you wish
• We take good care of our Agency Staff by offering a trustworthy, friendly and honest service keeping your best interests at heart.
Apart from being a Team Leader, the role of a Senior Care Assistant is to portray the best example of a Healthcare Assistant.
As Senior Care Assistant you will confidently lead the HCA’s, enforcing regulations and sharing best practices to ensure the delivery of safe and compassionate care. It is the duty of the Senior Carer to ensure that the highest quality of care is being received at all times.
Senior Healthcare Assistants will perform medication administration and recording assistants to the Care Home Manager and also any on-duty Registered General Nurses.
Key duties and responsibilities of this role include;
Administration and recording of medication
Supervision and management of healthcare assistants
Laundry, washing and dressing
Serving and assisting with food and refreshments
General moving and handling
Assistance with general comfort and wellbeing
Regular monitoring (temperature, weight, pulse etc)
Candidate requirements for this vacancy:
NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care
Medication administering experience
Experience of working within a care home setting
Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
Able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
Ability to react calmly in emergency situations
Calm and comfortable with caring for residents with Dementia or Challenging Behaviour
Ability to follow through on assigned tasks, demonstrate good judgment, common sense and initiative
Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
Ranacare is a well-established and trusted healthcare recruitment company offering temporary and permanent staffing solutions to the private and public healthcare sectors.
Ranacare started as a family-run business in 2014 and we are proud of the family values that are ingrained as part of our company culture and identity. We have an expert team that provides a professional and efficient service yet combining this with a caring nature; loyalty; humility; and deep commitment to our candidates and clients.
Ranacare understands the demands of your chosen profession. We know that you work hard at a job that few can do, and you should be compensated for the commitment and dedication. This is why at Ranacare we pay attention to the candidate experience, which quite often gets left to the way-side by many other agencies out there. With us, you can count on us to keep your best interests at heart.
We have PSL approval with over 100+ multi-site care organisations and our rapid growth is greatly owed to ‘word of mouth’ and regular referrals. This is something we are very proud of.
Contact our friendly team today on Applyand join our family!
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD IN BIRMINGHAM
- £ 12 - 15 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Bank, Temporary, Contract
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 11 Sep 2017
Closes 11 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant, Carer