Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Care Assistant - Bupa Care Homes
£7.55 per hour + excellent benefits
Anglesea Heights Care Home
If you're passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant to join the team at our care home in Ipswich. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Is yours?
What you'll be doing
* As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our residents
* Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
* Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
* Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
* Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you'll need
* Ideally, some experience in a care environment and an NVQ1 in Care, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
* A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
* A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
What we'll offer you in return
* Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Child care vouchers
* Refer a friend scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
* Uniform provided
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
* Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
About the home
Located in a quiet residential area of Ipswich, Anglesea Heights is a stunning Victorian listed building surrounded by mature landscaped gardens, seating areas and water features. The home has four separate purpose-built single-storey houses, each specialising in a different type of care.
At Anglesea Heights we place an emphasis on caring for residents with dementia. The team of specialist carers are committed to the Department of Health dementia pledge, which is a set of standards set to make sure that carers demonstrate their commitment to providing excellent dementia services.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Choose a career in care.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 7.55 - 7.55 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified
Posted 11 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant