Domiciliary Compliance / Operations Manager
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
I am working on behalf of a reputable domiciliary service provider that requires an experienced compliance manager to oversee their branches in the Pontefract and Wakefield areas.
This company is a leading provider of domiciliary care services within the Yorkshire area.
With a fantastic reputation, they are going from strength to strength, solidifying the high quality of care throughout the region.
They offer a personal and professional homecare and support service and provide the very best possible care and are committed to building a relationship that you can trust.
They are committed to ensuring people have the option to receive high quality care in their own homes, without the strain and upheaval of leaving home to receive their care.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work for a financially stable company who are growing steadily year on year & delivering high quality care in the community. You will be based in their Pontefract office and you will be required to oversee the overall operations and compliance for their branches in Pontefract and Wakefield.
You will report to the franchise owner.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties.
* Senior management responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the business.
* Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality, safe and effective homecare to customers within budget.
* Manage all aspects of the staff team.
* Provide strong leadership so staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
* Manage the overall safety and quality of the business to include training & development of staff, best practice & changes in company policies
* Monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
* Make sure each office maintains accurate and up to date records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and company policy
* Implement and monitor quality management and improvement systems. Lead investigations on more complex complaints and serious incidents.
* Monitor care and support planning. Prior to each service commencing make sure a full assessment of each customer's needs and associated risks is carried out
* Liaise with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services
* Line manage the registered managers and other staff as required by the franchise owner. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance.
* Uphold brand values in recruitment, induction and training of staff. Make sure systems are in place to identify ongoing training needs so staff are up to date with current best practice
* Make sure offices have sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
* Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively
* Manage relationships with external stakeholders to promote the brand
* Drive the growth and development of the business. Work with the franchise owner to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget
* Manage publicity and media relationships to maintain the reputation of the business
The Person: Ideally looking to step up into an operations management position
* Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support and those providing these services
* Professional, with a smart appearance who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable & excellent time keeper
* Excellent understanding of the social care sector especially homecare services. Knowledgeable about the principles of high quality person-centred care and support and anti-discriminatory care practice
* Excellent understanding of the regulatory responsibilities and the law relating to domiciliary care services
* Strategic thinker who can develop and implement business plans
* A relevant qualification in business management and a thorough understanding of business management and the principles of good leadership
* Knowledge of health and safety and risk management in relation to homecare services
* Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and of safeguarding procedures
* Successful experience of leading and managing teams delivering social care services:
In return, you will work for a company that values their employees, offers an excellent salary and bonus scheme, future progression opportunities, excellent training and annual pay reviews amongst other benefits.
This role is a full-time role, 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
On-call responsibilities will also be required - 1 in 3 weeks
Initially £25,000 - 30,000 + Excellent Benefits
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 1 Sep 2017
Closes 1 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Care manager