Healthcare Assistant Band 2- HCA Oxford
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Location: Oxford and surrounding areas
Job Role: Healthcare Assistant
About the job role
Are you looking for more flexible working hours?
Athona Recruitment is excited to currently be working with one of the UK's leading NHS Trusts and currently require ad-hoc healthcare assistants to work in the Oxford area. Full time, part time and locum shifts are available.
About the Trust
Based in Oxfordshire, the NHS Foundation Trust is a community-focused organisation that provides physical and mental health services and social care with the aim of improving the health and well-being of all our patients and their families. They are the main provider of community health services and deliver these in a range of community and inpatient settings, including eight community hospitals within the area.
About the role
You will join a busy and dynamic environment whilst providing the very best levels of clinical care. You'll make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest standards, optimising the well-being of every patient. You see every person in your care as an individual, and work closely with the wider team to create an environment that delivers skilled care, clear communication, and respect and dignity for everyone.
Duties will include:
- Washing and dressing
- Helping people to mobilise
- Bed making
- Generally assisting with patients' overall comfort
- Monitoring patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
What can the job offer you?
- Excellent hourly rates of pay.
- Exclusive access to jobs across all bands and specialities.
- Shifts, Fixed Term or Permanent contracts throughout the UK.
- Prompt weekly payments.
- Specialist dedicated Recruitment Consultant.
- Refer a friend and earn £100!
- Occupational Health and Mandatory Training support.
In addition, we offer a flexible shift pattern that, wherever possible while meeting the needs of the ward, will suit your needs to enhance your work-home life balance. Our shifts are planned in advance and can include 12 hour shifts if required.
- Must have at least 6 months relevant UK experience working in a similar position, preferably working in hospitals.
- Knowledge in the following; Health and Safety, Basic Life Support and Manual Handling, certification dated within the last year
- A clear, in-date DBS
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be capable of rising to the challenge of working in new ways and willing to practice autonomously within a busy hands-on environment. You will be supported by, and work with, a diverse multi-skilled experienced professional team of clinical and non-clinical friendly staff.
If you're keen to build your career and to gain immense reward from doing what you love we want to hear from you!
- £ 9.00 - 18.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Care assistant