Reading, Berkshire, England
Clinical Deputy Home Manager- Ascot
Care UK have a great opportunity for a Clinical Deputy Manager at our state of the art home in Ascot. Larkland House is an established care home and has developed a great reputation for delivering the highest standards of care. Our dedicated and experienced team offer a range of care options for older people, including residential, nursing and respite care including for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Larkland House is looking for a manager with extensive care leadership experience who is passionate about best practice and is determined to drive continuous improvement to enhance residents’ quality of life. Due to the homes needs and requirements, we would be looking for a manager who is a clinician or a manager who has gained solid experience within a nursing home.
At Care UK you can enjoy real responsibility and the rewards to match with the UK’s largest independent provider of health and social care.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality care
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
Who you are
- A qualified care professional, you will be able to demonstrate a strong record of leading teams delivering care for older people within a residential environment
- Above all, you will be capable of building lasting relationships with colleagues, residents and their relatives and getting the most out of every member of our care team.
Who we are
- With 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, we provide expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
- Our highly personal, patient-centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth, we have an additional 20 new homes set to open in the next five years. With this in mind we can offer exceptional career opportunities to people who care as deeply as we do.
What we offer
- Comprehensive training in topics such as dementia, tissue viability and infection control as well as management
- You will also benefit from our highly regarded “Develop Me” and “Manager of the Future” programmes, which will give you everything you need to move into senior management.
- What’s more, we offer one of the best benefits packages around, including paid annual leave, a stakeholder pension and life assurance scheme, bank holiday enhancements, paid DBS check, child care vouchers, thousands of online and in-store discounts and free uniform.
Larkland House care home in Ascot provides excellent care in lovely surroundings.
Being an established care home, Larkland House has developed a great reputation for delivering the highest standards of care.
Flexibility is important – in caring for older people and in supporting their families and carers. We are very happy to care for people on a short term basis, giving their carers a break so they can enjoy a holiday or just have some time to themselves. Short term care may also be a useful solution if a person is recovering from a stay in hospital and needs more intensive support than their family carers feel they can provide.
There’s lots of space at Larkland House. All our bedrooms are lovely and big and residents are welcome to add their own personal touches to their rooms. We’re even open to people bringing small pets with them.
We’ve recently opened a brand new nursing dementia floor with 14 spacious and beautifully decorated rooms for older people living with dementia. All the rooms are en-suite and have lots of space for relaxing.
Larkland House care home also has beautiful gardens, including a secure area where residents can help out with some gardening if they like, or simply sit and enjoy a cup of tea in the fresh air. We’re in a great semi-rural location but still conveniently close to all of the shops and amenities of Ascot high street.
- £ 35000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 8 Aug 2017
Closes 5 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager