Social Worker II
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Social Worker II.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts comprehensive psycho-social and family assessments
- Supports the woman/ child and their family by understanding the nature and treatment of the presenting issues by providing education, short-term counseling and crisis intervention to families and other relevant caregivers
- Provides comprehensive clinical counseling with individuals, families and groups by focusing on the child's and family's social, emotional and cultural needs, including adjustment to diagnosis and treatment decisions, loss of functioning and dealing with emotional and family crises in the context of evidence based care
- Supports the woman/ child and their families by organizing and facilitating psycho-educational and counseling groups
- Facilitates in complex discharge planning with the team, patient, family and community agencies by coordinating regular meetings to ensure psycho-social follow-up
- Advocates for the child and their family or caregiver for resources within the hospital and the community by assessing the financial and other psycho-social needs and works in coordination with community resources to meet these needs
- Provides total individualized patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating psycho-social needs as well as discharge planning for each patient, assessing for current and potential problems
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/ waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Care Coordination to achieve goals
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Identifies and alerts members of the medical team to changes in medical status of the patient
- Identifies impairments and refer to other medical specialties when necessary
- Liaises with the appropriate social services in the community and provides transfer/discharge information
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team regarding the social work services plan
- Provides expert consultation to patients/families, staff, community agencies, satellite centers, national and international centers and the media
- Participates in community outreach activities e.g. school-based services, home care
- Identifies social work research opportunities and participates in and/ or develop and promote research
Full job description available upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
- 5 years relevant clinical experience
- Registration as Social Worker and Licensure in Country of Origin
- Member of leading Social Work association in Country of Origin
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Social Work principles and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of Social Work theory and practice
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and document a comprehensive psycho-social assessment
- Demonstrated ability to provide individual, family and group counseling
- Knowledge of the psycho-social needs of children/ families with medical, disabilities, and/ or mental health conditions
- Knowledge of child development theories
- Knowledge of child protection issues and relevant legislation concerning children
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with mental health issues, including DSM, and mental health assessment of depression, suicide, and anxiety
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with grief and loss issues
- Working knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jul 2017
Closes 10 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Social worker