St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, England
Care Worker MEAR51262
Available pay rate of £8 per hour weekday/ £8.40 per hour weekends! / Competitive hourly rate
Mears Care are looking for Care Workers for our Extra Care Scheme Marlborough House in St Leonards. Whether you’re an experienced Care worker or have no experience at all, we’d love to hear from you!
There are many benefits of working for one of the largest care providers in the UK with local offices all over the country – including:
• Up to 28 paid holidays per annum
• Mears company pension
• Free uniform
• Access to Mears Advantage money saving scheme
• Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000!
• Annual company fun days
• Early morning, evening, weekend and night shifts available with guaranteed hours
• An employee assist hotline
• Free enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
• Extensive training (funded by Mears), including the transition to complete QCF in Health and Social Care and the Care Certificate to support your career growth
• Extensive induction programme, for which you will be paid, including opportunities to transition automatically to complete QCF
• Career progression can include to become a Senior Care worker, Visiting Officer, Coordinator or Branch Manager
• Care workers with 12 months experience will receive a £300 ‘golden handshake’
By joining our team, you are committed to providing the best standards of care and support to people in Marlborough House. We’re looking for caring and responsible workers who are passionate about helping older people maintain their independence.
The role of a Care Worker includes:
• Providing all elements of personal care, support & assistance to clients, from supporting with personal hygiene to companionship.
• Prompting and administering medication
• Getting to know your clients and forming great relationships with them
• Meal preparation
• General household tasks including shopping
• A passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives
• Sharing in the Mears Five Behaviours – being motivational, empowering, customer-focused, being a role-model and setting high standards
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (paid for by Mears)
If you share Mears’ passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives, please click apply to start your application.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
- £ 8.00 - 8.40 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Contract, Permanent, Temporary
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jul 2017
Closes 12 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Carer