Support Worker - Halifax - £7.50ph
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Search are working with a local care provider to find an enthusiastic and skilled Support Worker to pick up a short term contract, working a combination of early and late shifts totalling 37.5 hours a week over 7 days for a service which cares for individuals with complex needs in the Halifax area
Day to day duties will include:
- To develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users.
- To promote the self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of service users.
- To respect the client's right to privacy and to ensure that their dignity is maintained at all times.
- To encourage and support service users in expressing their needs, views and concerns. To enable service users make choices and decisions and to participate as fully as possible in planning and decision-making processes.
- To respect and promote the rights and entitlements of people with autism and learning disabilities, and to enable them to participate as fully as possible in their communities.
- To support service users in maintaining the safety, security and comfort of their homes.
- To support service users in understanding and adhering to the terms and conditions of their tenancy agreement and in enjoying the rights and responsibilities of being a tenant.
- To be responsive to the individual needs of service users within the framework of their Person Centred Plans and to respond flexibly to changing needs.
The successful candidate must have experience working with people with complex needs, driver preferred, manual handling and medication training is essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- £ 7.50 - 8.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 11 Jul 2017
Closes 8 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Learning disabilities