Lambeth, London, Greater London, England
Collingwood Court Nursing Centre
Deputy Manager - Clinical
About the role
You will play a key role within the home, taking the time to get to know our residents and their families, so you can ensure the best possible person centred care is delivered
* You will be responsible for creating and updating care plans to ensure they are accurately maintained for auditing purposes, maintaining clear, precise and up-to-date medication records for all our residents
* You will take responsibility for all aspects and areas of care within the home, whilst promoting our key values of choice, dignity and respect
* Always seeking to share your clinical knowledge and experience, you will provide valuable support to members of the home's care team, offering valuable guidance and assistance
* Creating and developing strong relationships with our customers, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand and raising the care home's profile
* You will occasionally be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours, as required.
Who we're looking for
* Ideally, you will be a level one Registered Nurse
* Someone who shares our passion and dedication for making every day special for our residents
* The ability to build a warm rapport with residents and their families
* A natural educator with leadership experience, you will constantly look for ways to share knowledge of best practice with those around you
* A good time manager, who can prioritise effectively and work independently.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* Bupa Fit which is a staff health benefit
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and life assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
About the home
Situated in a quiet, residential area of Clapham in south London, Collingwood Court is a purpose-built home comprising three separate houses. Each specialises in a different type of care including palliative care, nursing dementia and care for the frail elderly. The houses all have communal lounges and dining rooms and the ground floor houses have patio doors that lead out onto the gardens.
Our three houses each have their own manager and there is a dementia champion and coach within our care team. Each resident has an individual care plan as well as a named carer and nurse.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 42000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 20 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant, Deputy home manager