Qual.Social Worker - Divisional Based Intervention Team (D-Bit)
Basildon, Essex, England
Children & Families Qualified Social Worker - Divisional Based Intervention Team (D-Bit)
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated qualified social worker to work full time working within the Divisional Based Intervention Team based in the Essex area. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this Permanent Qualified Social Worker role ranges from £30,000 to £35,000 + 4% Flat Rate Allowance (for Flexible Working) on appointment.
Social Worker Duties Include:
-The aim of the Divisional Based Intervention Team is to work with young people aged 8 -17 who are on the edge of care or custody. The teams work with the whole family utilizing strengths based and solution focused methodology to support them in developing and implementing sustainable, long term, solutions to their problems.
-The post holder will be required to work a basic week (Mon - Fri) but also to be able to work flexibly, which will include some evenings and occasional weekend activity.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the County of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Requirements of the Qualified Social Worker:
- Degree/post graduate or equivalent recognized social work qualification
- Registration with Health Care Professional Council (HCPC)
- Post qualifying experience of working as a Qualified Social 2-3years
- Open to change and ready to innovate.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of the Role:
- Interest free bus & rail season ticket loans, from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes & a car sharing scheme.
- Access to the key worker housing scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for personal & professional development through our specialist L&D teams.
- Extensive induction programmes.
- 25 days basic full time holiday and 28 days full time holiday after 5 years' service.
- Continued service benefits.
- Staff discounts in gyms / travel agents / car sales / restaurants & days out.
*If you know anyone who may be interested and meets the requirements of this role we offer an excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral. *
If this sound like a role for you then please apply today, alternatively for more information call Rochelle on Apply, or email at Apply
- £ 30000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Jun 2017
Closes 14 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Social worker
Recommended, similar jobs
Bristol, City of Bristol, England