Woodford Green, Greater London, England
Chef Manager - Bupa Care Homes
£Competitive + excellent benefits
Harts House Care Home
About the role
* By getting to know our residents, you will create a varied and nutritional menu that will satisfy all dietary needs and preferences
* As well as being responsible for recruitment, training and management of kitchen staff, your duties will also extend to the prepping, cooking and serving of food
* You will be accountable for managing all mandatory paperwork including: adhering to COSHH and HACCP guidelines, company policies and procedures, budgets, managing orders and deliveries
* On occasion, you will manage the catering for special events or seasonal activities, such as summer fetes, Christmas parties and 100th birthdays.
Who we're looking for
With experience in a fresh food kitchen and relevant food hygiene certificate, you will appreciate the importance of good quality home cooking to our residents.
Creative, innovative and passionate about food, you will share and listen to ideas to ensure our residents enjoy the best possible menus.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive pay rate and benefits that include:
* Sociable hours that offer a better work / life balance than other kitchen roles
* Bupa Fit which is a staff health benefit
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and life assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
About the Home
Harts House is a grand Georgian mansion situated in the leafy east London suburb of Woodford Green. The home has been given the maximum 'Excellent' rating by the Care Quality Commission. Exquisite surroundings and first class care make Harts House an exemplary elderly care facility.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our staff to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Choose a career in care.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 8.3 - 11.1 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 19 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant