Romford, Greater London, England
Assistant Chef- Bupa Care Homes
£Competitive + excellent benefits
Gable Court Nursing Home
About the role
* One of your key responsibilities will be preparing meals from the daily menu. You will get to know our residents so will respond to any special dietary requirements or preferences, promoting choice, dignity and respect
* Managing the kitchen supplies, you will also be responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment
* You will complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
* You will support the Chef Manager in training and support other kitchen staff - such as kitchen assistants and cooks
* Occasionally, you will help cater for ad hoc special events. These may include 100th birthday celebrations, summer BBQ's and Christmas parties.
Who we're looking for
With a Food Hygiene Certificate and experience working in a fresh food kitchen, you always strive for the highest standard catering.
You will be passionate about food and understand the importance of good quality, home cooking to our residents.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive pay rate and benefits that include:
* Sociable hours that offer a better work / life balance than other kitchen roles
* Bupa Fit which is a staff health benefit
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and life assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
About the Home
Just two miles from Romford town centre, with a local bus route and shops close by, Gable Court is a spacious, purpose-built home for elderly residents. Various levels of care and stays are available to suit individual needs, including daily nursing care, respite and convalescence, and palliative care. Gable Court can also offer care to people under 65 with physical disabilities and has a flexible day care service. Bupa's high standards mean that care, cleanliness and levels of staff training are second to none.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our staff to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Choose a career in care.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 8.2 - 8.2 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 18 May 2017
Closes 18 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Care assistant