Support Worker (RSWs or Team Leaders)
Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England
Support Worker (RSWs or Team Leaders )- (Care Practitioner) Children / Young People
The Major Healthcare is looking to recruit experienced support workers for a company who looks to provide excellent support for children with the most complex of needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their career within the support of children and young people.
* Experience working with children.
* Minimum 1 years or more of experience working as a support worker
* Full Driving Licence (able to drive a vehicle with manual transmission) and own transport
* Ability to interact with a range of people/young people
* Ability to work as part of a team
* To be able to provide consistency of care and support to the young people
* Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the children's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
* Supporting young people to do their favourite things and try new activities at home and also outdoor activities.
* To aspire at all times to a standard of excellence in all areas of working practice.
* To act with integrity, honesty and child centred practice at all times.
* To act as a member of the staff team and wider organisation, supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support as necessary.
What you will receive:
* Highly competitive pay rates £8-£9 per hour dependent on qualification and experience plus sleep in allowances
Your shift works like this: Working 8:00am-11:00pm, sleep, then working 8:00am-11:00pm then sleep, then handover (30 paid hours and 2 sleeps covering a 48hr period). You will then have four days off before commencing your next shift.
In addition, you need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people, enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges, assertive in difficult situations and have great interpersonal skills.
To apply or to discuss in more detail please apply or call Major Healthcare.
- £ 8 - 9 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified
Posted 18 May 2017
Closes 17 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Support worker