Southampton, Hampshire, England
Home Manager (6 month fixed term contract)
Northlands House Care Home
Up to £55,000 (DOE) per annum plus Bupa Package
About the role
* Leading and inspiring a multi-disciplinary team, we will look to you to provide outstanding, truly personalised care to our residents
* You will share our passion for putting the needs and wellbeing of our residents first, finding new ways to enrich our resident's lives within our home and delivering outstanding customer care for them and their relatives
* You will manage all aspects of our home, including identifying new business opportunities, effectively managing budgets, taking responsibility for the operating profit of the home, and ensuring regulatory compliance is maintained across all relevant areas
* Creating and developing strong internal and external relationships, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand as a trusted healthcare partner with key audiences including Local Authority and Primary Care Trust commissioners
* As part of your role, you may occasionally be required to work out of hours of evenings.
Who we're looking for
* Strong clinical/care knowledge and expertise, plus an LMCS, RMA or equivalent management qualification
* You may have a level one Registered Nurse qualification together with previous experience of seeing organisations through periods of change management
* You will know how to make a positive difference within a heavily regulated sector, as you'll have a strong commercial acumen and strategic mind
* The ability to develop an environment which focuses on continuous improvements
* An effective communicator, with a confident and influential leadership style.
About the home
Northlands House is a purpose-built nursing home designed specifically to meet the needs of elderly residents. It is situated in the residential area of Shirley, in Southampton, approximately one mile from the city centre. They offer several types of stay depending on the level of support required, from long term care for the elderly and those who need daily nursing, to respite care for a short period. We also provide convalescence, palliative care and care for people with Parkinson's and Huntington's disease.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 55000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 29 Dec 2016
Closes 29 Jan 2017
This job was posted to: Home manager