Registered Care Home Manager Job, Bury
Bury, Greater Manchester, England
An opportunity has arisen for a high-quality manager to become the Registered Manager of one of the region's most respected nursing homes (55 beds).
A nursing qualification would be useful but is by no means essential.
It is, however, important that applicants have experience of managing either a nursing home, or a residential home that caters for service users with mental health/complex care needs.
- The home provides award-winning, specialist nursing, residential andday care services to elderly and EMI service users. They also deal with complex care cases and look after residents with challenging behaviours.
- The home is a detached country property, set in its own grounds, with unspoilt views of the surrounding countryside. The lawns and garden are beautifully maintained and there is a large patio area at the back where Residents and their guests can sit out and enjoy the views.
- This is a stand-alone, independent care home, which has been established for 30 years; the owners are very proud of the reputation of the home and the quality of care provided by their Management and Staff.
- They recently implemented a new computer based, fully-customisable care management system to manage day-to-day care and staffing needs, meaning the home is now a virtually paper-free environment and information is available at everyone's fingertips.
- They also recently implemented a new state of the art, bar-code enabled medicines management system, which has enabled staff to save time, enhance resident care and safety, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- The owners place a lot of importance on the training and support of Staff. This ensures that all Staff are motivated and better informed for the benefit of Residents and the Staff themselves; 45% of Staff have worked at the Home for 5 or more years, 25% for 10 years or more and 10% for 15 years or more. Support is given to all Staff to acquire QCFs to all levels.
- As the Home Manager, you will be responsible for the daily management of the Home. The latest CQC report showed the home to require improvement in 2 areas and the owners are specifically looking for a manager who is capable of returning the home to full compliance and keeping it there. You will also need to demonstrate very good staff recruitment, development and retention skills, as this is key to the future successful running of the home.
- The owners are highly supportive and whilst they're happy to give the manager a large amount of autonomy, they're equally happy to provide a lot of hands-on assistance.
- This is a full-time, largely Monday to Friday role - but the manager will be expected to work 1 or 2 weekend days per month and different hours on occasion, in order to get to know all staff members and ensure that the home is running well at all times.
- A salary in the region of £40-£45k is on offer (possibly more for an exceptional candidate).
Key Skills and Qualifications
- A nursing qualification would be useful but is by no means essential.
- It is, however, important that applicants have experience of managing either a nursing home, or a residential home that caters for service users with mental health/complex care needs.
What Happens Next
If you would like to be considered, please use the 'Apply' button and attach your latest CV. Alternatively, talk to us in confidence about this opportunity and other suitable positions by contacting a member of the Care Division on [... Click Apply...]and select option 4.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Care Management Jobs
Office Hours Monday-Thursday 9am - 8.30pm Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- £ 40000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 1 Dec 2016
Closes 29 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Home manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Truro, Cornwall, England
Prior HR Health Recruitment Ltd