Senior Support Worker
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
A couple of new exciting opportunities have arisen with a national care provider as a Senior Support Worker in supported living services in Cookridge and Middleton, Leeds. The services support individuals with a learning disability, autism and complex needs.
The role is to provide outcome focused support which enables service users to lead fulfilling and valued lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes. You will support the junior staff and have a strong understanding of maintaining the support plans for service users.
* £15,189 per annum (£7.79 per hour) to £16,344 per annum (£8.38 per hour) depending on experience (NVQ3 and 4 Year Service required for top end)
* 37.5 hours per week. Hours to be worked flexibly on a rota which will include evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays according to the needs of the service.
* All waking nights attract an additional payment of 50p per hour for each night
* One off bonus payment of £100.00 once you have successfully completed probationary period (subject to satisfactory attendance etc)
Key skills and Competencies:
* At least 1 years' experience of working with people with learning disabilities and mental health needs
* NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care desirable
* Supervisory experience and/or ability to supervise junior staff
* Ability to devise appropriate support plans in liaison with service users and other agencies
* A non-judgmental, accepting approach to working with people who may be challenging and the ability to cope in a mature way
* Willingness to work flexible hours according to the needs of the project, inclusive of sleep in duties
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to [... Click Apply...] and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on [... Click Apply...]for more information.
?As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.?
- £ 15189 - 16344 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 25 Dec 2016
Ref: JCCS: SSW - 2411
This job was posted to: Carer