QSW - Team Manager
London, Greater London, England
I'm currently recruiting for a number of Team Manager roles to work within Adults - Leaning Disabilities and Occupational Therapy.
Purpose of Job:
- Provide professional management and case supervision for a multidisciplinary team delivering specialist social care and enablement services for older people and physically disabled people across the Borough.
- Ensure compliance with the service's standards and processes, and operate within the context of the service priorities and principles of increasing user choice and control over the services they receive. These priorities focus on meeting the four social care outcomes:
- Enhancing the quality of life for people with care and support needs
- Delaying and reducing the need for care and support
- Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care and support
- Safeguarding adults whose circumstances make them vulnerable and protecting them from avoidable harm.
- Provide excellent leadership, direction and effective management of the team's resources, ensuring professional standards and Best Practice Act as key drivers within a culture of continuous service improvement, value for money and safer practice.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Council's New Support and Customer Services Organisation, Health and other partner agencies to deliver an integrated, service that meets both current and future needs.
- Embrace the programme of change necessary to embed and build on the Council's new models of care and closer integration with other Council services and Health.
- Ensure continued focus on enablement and developing independence through promoting Direct Payment, self-directed support, finding creative community alternatives to car costs and achieving excellence in customer care and service delivery.
Role Accountabities Include:
Managing Service Direction:
- Provide clear, visible and professional management to support a high performance culture that drives continual improvement, efficiency savings and high levels of user satisfaction.
- Promote, develop and manage effective partnership working with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve continuous improvement in the provision of services.
- Communicating to the team the priorities and plans, vision and objectives of the service to ensure effective delivery to the agreed service standards and targets.
- Support the delivery of high quality performance and provide value for money with minimum risk. Deliver an outcome-orientated service that maximises productivity and throughput to make best use of finite resources.
- Support the Head of Service in developing and implementing rigorous and effective performance management processes to drive forward service improvements, including managing, monitoring and reporting on service performance standards.
- Communicate with the team so that they understand how their individual performance contributes to achieving the aims of the council and the priorities of Adult and Communities Delivery Unit:
- Ensure that outstanding customer service is being delivered on a day to day basis in line with corporate and service standards.
- Maximise take up of self-directed support and direct payments to support the principle of service users and carers having choice. Agree direct payments in accordance with the scheme of delegation and in compliance with financial regulations.
- To attend panel when requested and assure best use of resources and high quality assessments.
Leadership and Management:
- Manage a team of up to 10 staff.
- Ensure access and provision to high quality and reqular supervision for all staff within their team.
- Provide clear, visible, motivational team management to create a high performance culture that drives continuous improvement and efficiency savings capable of delivering Service priorities.
- Ensure the Council's values are understood and embraced by the team; recognise and reinforce positive behaviours and address any behaviour that is undesirable.
- Support the Head of Service to work closely with the Customer Service Group (CSG), Health and other partner agencies to ensure that business activities are appropriately integrated and joined up and .the needs of the service users and carers are met, both now and for the future.
- Ensure that all personal data is handled securely and in strict compliance with the data protection legislation and local and corporate data management protocols and Caldicott principles.
Capita Social Care Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- £ 65000 - 65000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
Ref: QSW TM
This job was posted to: Social worker