Basildon, Essex, England
Ghyll Grove Care Home
About the role
* Managing and leading a large team, we will look to you to take overall responsibility for all care home facilities
* Working closely with your teams, you will ensure the highest quality person centred care is given, round the clock, throughout the home
* You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing ideas to improve how your home is run and the services that are provided
* As well as ensuring all regulatory and contractual requirements are not just met but exceeded, we will look to you to maintain your home's compliance with all Bupa's operational policies and procedures
* Managing all aspects of care home performance, your focus will be on running your home as a successful business, including full profit and loss responsibility, whilst delivering outstanding quality and service to our residents and their relatives
* Creating and developing strong internal and external relationships, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand as a trusted healthcare partner with key audiences including Local Authority and Primary Care Trust commissioners
* As part of your role, you may occasionally be required to work out of hours or evenings.
Who we're looking for
* Someone with a proven record of managing and motivating large teams to produce great results
* You will have experience of working and keeping track of resources within a multi-site environment
* You will have a keen focus on improving customer service and quality of care, whilst ensuring your home is operating as a successful business
* A strong communicator, you will have a confident and influential leadership style that inspires and motivates your team
* You will have a sound record of financial management including a strong grasp of P&L statements and budgeting
* You will also hold an LMCS, RMA or equivalent management qualification.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* Annual bonus - up to 20% of salary
* Contributory pension (up to 5%) and life assurance
* Individual private medical insurance
* 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects.
About the home
Ghyll Grove is a versatile care home with five separate houses - two providing nursing care, one for residential care, one for residential dementia care and one that accommodates residents requiring nursing dementia care.
Although the home is situated in a quiet residential area of Basildon, the resort town of Southend-on-Sea is only a short distance away, and those wanting to head into London will find excellent and regular rail links from near the home itself.
Each of the five houses has its own attractive garden and furnished patio area, where residents can sit and relax on warmer days.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 22 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Home manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Truro, Cornwall, England
Prior HR Health Recruitment Ltd