Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Social Worker I.
The Social Worker I will provide family centred support services to women, children and families to cope with both acute and chronic illnesses. The Social Worker I is responsible for implementation of continuing care, referral processes, and maintains a strong internal and external customer focus. Social Worker I works collaboratively with social work, case coordinator, other disciplines, programs, departments, and organisations for accomplishment of these duties.
The Social Worker I provides evidence-based patient care by integrating research with practice. Promotes continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within social work practice. Maintains a commitment to life-long learning and creates, utilises and/or disseminates new knowledge to patients and their families, the public and other internal /external health professionals. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard.
The Social Worker I participates in the provision of teaching of colleagues and mentoring of students on wide range of subjects within the clinical field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts patient and family needs assessments by methods such as interviewing the woman/child and family, obtaining relevant information, gathering social data regarding the child and family and formulation of discharge plan of care, in accordance with professional practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Supports the woman/child and their family by understanding the nature and treatment of the presenting issues by providing internal and external referral options for discharge plan of care.
- Participates in complex discharge planning with the team, patient, family and community agencies by coordinating regular meetings to ensure smooth transition of care.
- Advocates for the child and their family or caregiver for resources within the hospital and the community by assessing the financial needs and works in coordination with community resources to meet these needs.
- Identifies, maintains and updates information on referral agencies and resources necessary for continuation of care for patients and families.
- Provides total individualised patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating discharge plan. Assess current and potential discharge planning issues.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve the goal.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work.
- 2+ years clinical experience in an acute hospital setting as a social worker.
- Registration as Social Worker and Licensure in country of origin.
- Member of leading Social Work association in country of origin.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Social Work principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Social Work theory and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and document a comprehensive discharge needs assessment.
- Knowledge of the developmental and social needs of children/families with medical, disabilities, and/or mental health conditions.
- Knowledge of child protection issues and relevant legislation concerning children.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with mental health issues.
- Working knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Social worker