Qualified Social Worker - Children & Families
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
LOCUM Social Worker JOB IN Suffolk- Children and Families
Team: Children and Families
Salary: from £26 per hour Limited
Job type: Locum
Hours: Full time
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Social Worker in Suffolk
Provide Social Work to residents and carers and undertake Social Care Assessments and to identify their needs and desired outcomes which places the resident at the centre of all interventions and giving them choice and control over the delivery of services.
As a social worker, you will protect the rights and promote the interests of Hounslow residents and their carers to ensure they are kept safe, in line with the Council's and Pan London Safeguarding Policy including investigations, contributing to strategy meetings and actions.
- To carry out assessments, casework, support plans and discharge planning as directed.
- Following the policy framework for Positive Risk to identify risks at different stages of the resident journey and working with the resident and other key people to manage risks in such a way that enables the individual to continue, wherever possible, with their chosen lifestyle.
- To develop personalised outcome focused support plans, which promote the independence of vulnerable residents, identifying strengths and social capital and support them to enhance family and social networks.
- To mobilise and coordinate available resources within the Department and those provided by other services, departments, agencies and wider community and to liaise effectively with hospital, community groups and statutory organisations e.g. finance, placements, legal, NHS professionals, voluntary and provider organisations, Housing in terms of assessment, casework and support planning.
- To negotiate with residents, their families and carers to enable their needs to be positively met within available resources.
- To prepare and present reports in a clear, concise and logical way that contributes to multi-agency and disciplinary conferences and meetings and to ensure that all follow up actions from the conference and/or meeting are completed within agreed timescales.
- Where family and social capital are insufficient to meet needs, include cost/"best value" considerations and commission creatively for outcomes in order to deliver individualised, person centred support.
- In working with vulnerable residents their families and carers to use a range of therapeutic approaches in your work to enhance the coping skills, independence, choice and control of the vulnerable resident, their family and carers.
- To monitor and review support plans, involving all stakeholders and ensuring the vulnerable adult is at the centre of all interventions and process. Ensuring that plans meet assessed eligible needs and service standards and are undertaken within statutory timescales.
- To prepare, attend and present reports for Case Conferences, Panels, Tribunals, review meetings and Court.
- To develop specialist expertise in social work methods with vulnerable residents, their families and carers with particular reference to discriminated against groups.
- To contribute to service reviews, projects and other activities, providing information for the planning and development of high quality cost effective services that are responsive to the changing needs of the target population.
- To work flexibly as required, which may require attending evening meetings.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
- CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- £250 Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Assistance with HCPC registration*
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on [... Click Apply...]
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate
- £ 26 - 26 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 12 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Social worker