Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, England
JOB DESCRIPTION – HOME MANAGER WITH NURSING PIN (ESSENTIAL)
REPORTS TO – OPERATIONS DIRECTOR / MANAGING DIRECTOR
Job purpose - To take responsibility as Registered Manager to manage all aspects in the day-to-day running of the Care Home. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to resident’s, checking legal requirements are met along with the high levels expected within The Care Homes.
1. To manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team, the premises of the Care Home and financial matters.
2. To recognise and assess individuals’ needs, involving relevant professional agencies and relatives where needed, in order to formulate personalised care plans for each individual.
3. To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents following individual care plans carefully and ensuring all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
4. Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the home, including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
5. To monitor the effective running of the home ensuring all legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are met and all risk assessments are regularly carried out (including fire checks) to meet the high standards expected in the Care Homes.
6. To maintain all legal and statutory records, displayed records concerning the home; insurance certificates, registration documents. Also maintain records of complaints, Resident Information Folder and Statement of Purpose, financial, employees, training, residents and maintenance, legal advisers (to be contacted before undertaking any disciplinary). Responsible for investigating any complaints, compile reports and take any appropriate action if required. Liaise and co-operate with CQC inspectors and inspections.
7. Follow residents’ individual care plans, to administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both. Responsible for ordering, checking in and stock control of residents’ prescribed medication and maintaining systems to ensure effective stock management of all products.
8. To be an active and encouraging Manager, establish and maintain effective means of communication and good relationships with residents, relatives, employees in the home along with others externally such as professionals in the caring environment, outside suppliers, agencies.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Budgeting responsibilities; for the day to day running of the home
Formal supervisions of employees within the home.
This is a managerial role, supervising and monitoring the team within the home therefore leadership qualities, effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential. These skills are also needed for developing good relationships with outside agencies, suppliers and professionals, along with regular liaison with residents, relatives, prospective employees and residents. As well as influencing and motivating skills, being able to work as part of one of the team is vital, helping out wherever necessary around the home.
To effectively manage all aspects of the day to day running of the home whilst supervising and supporting the team, ensuring that the Care Home values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Supervision meetings with the Operations Director and Managing Director regularly
Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports
(internal and external)
All mandatory training is up to date
Completion of a Management qualification
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidates, in the first instance please get in touch with Will on [... Click Apply...]for an informal and confidential chat.
- £ 38,000 - 40,000 Per year
- Full time
- Contract, Permanent
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Manager
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager, Home manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Truro, Cornwall, England
Prior HR Health Recruitment Ltd